THE HOLISTIC APPROACH
To benefit from the Holistic Approach to Learning, children must have the opportunity to:-
- Develop Emotionally through learning to take responsibility for themselves, their belongings and for their environment.
-Experience a range of emotions and learn how to handle those feelings.
-Learn the importance of loving and caring in a secure and friendly environment.
- Develop Physically by encouraging their gross and fine motor skills both inside and outside the classroom.
- Learn to work with a wide variety of materials requiring manipulative skills.
- Gain confidence in their own physical abilities.
- Develop Intellectually through positive encouragement and a genuine interest in learning.
-Participate in a wide range of first hand experiences leading towards the acquisition of knowledge and skills.
- Develop Aesthetically through creativity and the appreciation of beautiful things.
-Realise through their developing sensitivity and awareness the wonders and beauty of our world.
-Develop Spiritually through learning to love and project healthier thinking and behaviour patterns in to our society and the world at large.
The Holistic Approach ensures that children reach their full potential without undue stress and pressure.