Welcome to the Daisy Room
“Play is the work of the child” Jean Piaget
Our Curriculum Intent:
- Bicker children have a sense of belonging
- Bicker children are investigators, explorers and creators who are curious about the world
- Bicker children care for themselves and others
- Bicker children are Children of the Earth
Listening to the children’s interests and questions leads our emergent curriculum. Children and Teachers develop learning collaboratively which means that the curriculum is constructed together.
We believe that children are not empty vessels to be filled with facts but that children have a desire and ability to grow and build their own knowledge.
Our Curriculum is Reggio Emilia inspired and we support these principles:
- Children construct their own learning facilitated by dedicated staff
- Children are collaborators and learn through interaction
- children are natural communicators using a variety of mediums
- Teachers are partners, nurturers and guides
- Parents are partners in education
We follow the Educational Programmes set out in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and Development Matters.
We offer provocation and challenge.
We enhance and enable our environments to support learning
We offer enrichment through Forest School, the local community, visits and visitors.
Reception children have daily access to Little Wandle Letters and Sounds to accelerate their early reading and phonics skills
Reception children have access to daily White Rose Maths.
WOW learning moments are shared on Tapestry.
We use the British Values to prepare children for life in our diverse and multi faith society
We support children’s next steps in their learning
We track progress and support additional needs