- Bicker children have a sense of belonging
- Bicker children are aspirational and ambitious
- Bicker children are investigators, explorers and creators who are curious about the world
- Bicker children care for themselves and others
- Bicker children are children of the earth
- We use clear concepts and milestones to deliver our knowledge based curriculum. We focus on fluency, addressing gaps identified and provide stretch for greater depth. Our planning makes links between prior learning and next steps
- Children’s progress is tracked x3 times per year. Staff identify the interventions, support and stretch to be delivered.
- Displays are a mix of a celebration of children’s work and supportive resources and information.
- Indoor and outdoor learning environments are equally valued. We value the use of the Environmental Area, the Nature Reserve and the community.
- We enhance our curriculum with enrichment opportunities using trips, visits and visitors to enhance the learning experience.
- The non core curriculum is vital in developing our children holistically. A wide range of experiences are valued alongside a knowledge focus. We do not narrow our curriculum.
- We use Mind Maps and low stake quizzes to ensure knowledge is stored in the long term memory.
- Children will have the confidence and skills to be lifelong learners.
- Children will be independent self- motivated learners.
- Children will be resilient and capable communicators.
- Children will show kindness and consideration for others.
- Children will have a respect for nature and our world.
Our Curriculum is focused on the progression of concepts, knowledge and skills. Please ask to see our Curriculum Policy and Subject Overviews to see this clear progression.
We achieve enrichment through:
- Themed Days
- Links with our community
- Trips and visits
- Forest School
- Nature Reserve
The EYFS provides the building blocks for the rest of the curriculum.
The EYFS Curriculum has these key areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design
Please see the Daisy Class page for further details.